For those on the hunt for a DSLR designed for the pros, this could be your next camera. The Nikon D3S is a refinement of the highly popular Nikon D3 – which set the standards high amongst professionals around the world. Perfect for speed photographers and photo journalists, the Nikon D3S is perfect for those looking for an upgrade – including brand new updated features such as a 720p/24fps HD video mode and a new Hi3 extended sensitivity setting that allows stills and movie capture at a whopping ISO 102,400.
Although this clever DSLR may appear chunky, it fits into the hand like a glove, providing comfort and confidence in your skills. The outer design is user friendly; with all buttons and functions smartly marked for ease of use. The features of this exciting DSLR camera are never ending – so we’ve narrowed down some of the most intriguing to add to our list.
- 12.1 Megapixel Sensor
- ISO 200 – 12,800 (ISO 100 – 102,400 in Boost Mode)
- 720p/24 fps HD Movie Mode
- 11fps in Continuous Shooting Mode
- Larger buffer for 48 RAW frames in one burst
- Multi-CAM3500FX Auto Focus sensor
- In-camera RAW Processing
- Nikon EXPEED Image Processor
- Super Fast Operation
- Auto-focus – tracking by color
- Scene Recognition System
- Dual Compact Flash card slots
- Compact Flash
- 3.0 Inch LCD monitor
- Virtual horizon – indicates if camera is level
- HDMI HD video output
- Detailed ‘Control Panel’ type display on monitor
- Buttons sealed against moisture
- Dual battery charger as standard
If you believe that this camera sounds perfect for your next project, be sure to come right on in to Kirk’s Cameras in the heart of Ringwood – we will give you in-depth information, reviews and a demonstration of the Nikon D3S.